Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals
Mehr! Theater am Großmarkt – Hamburg, Germany
September 24, 2016
And this would be aproximatley show number five-hundred for me and Ben Harper. I started august of 2007, and 9 years latter, along comes show 500.
A small few of the memorable moments over the years…..
- Getting a call on the clear-com, with someone asking me when might be a good time to set off the fireworks….. and then starting the fireworks show at the begining of Mozos guitar solo on “Serve Your Soul” at the Montreal, Jazz Fest.
- Loosing power on stage in the middle of “Keep It Together” at the Montreaux Jazz Fest in Stravisky Hall, impromptu drum solo, power restored, and right into the ending chorus. You gotta keep it together.
- Paradiso, me barely keeping it together as Ben plays “Lifeline”.
- Paris, Folies Bergeres, love is in the air, barely keeping it together as a string quartet plays Adagio for Strings, and then that same quartet on Please Bleed, in that venue…
- Red Rocks, home.
- Paying Radio City Music Hall thousands of dollars to spray magic fire proofing liquid on our carpets.
- Paying Carnegie Hall thousands of dollars for a recording of the show on a CD, that doesnt play.
- But seriously, we played Radio City and Carnagee Hall, so right on.
- Aspen, with the first time I saw a mixing desk tell me it was too cold.
- 4 nights at Sydney Opera House, night 3, “hey, why dont you do that song you do with just one mic?” turning into, how about we do the first half of the set with just one mic….
- Abbey Road Studios (and a coffee mug to remember it by.)
- Kennys Castaways, NYC
- Byron Bay Bluesfest, and the Lord Byron Resort
- 4 nights at the fillmore, and 2 days to rehearse there before hand, a sort of reunion to the neighborhood i had spent a long portion of my life in, in a most excellent way.
- “Welcome to the Cruel World” – so appropriate the day after my backpack was stolen, but on the flip side, one of those rare moments when “there, I’ve done it, that sounds perfect”. – Tivoli – Utrecht, Netherlands
- Beacon theater with Charlie Musselwhite and the gospell choir.
- BHIC / Relentless 7 / Ring0 Star / Charlie Musselwhite / The solo shows / Childhood Home
Thank you Ben.